Make the Transformation to Service-Centric IT
How are industry leaders shaking IT up?
For decades, most IT operations have maintained a laser-like focus on building and running IT infrastructures to ensure peak availability and performance of technology. Today, the pace of business change—along with the chaos of Cloud Computing—means that IT must now transform itself from a technology-centric organization into a Service-Centric IT organization.
IT leaders and visionaries are driving their organizations into the Cloud and transforming into service-centric IT organizations in order to:
- Reduce operational costs
- Improve ability to meet business mission and goals
- Re-align IT priorities with business objectives and repurpose IT resources
- Improve consistency and reliability of IT operations support
- Increase business value to end-customers
As organizations move to managed services and the clouds begin to settle, many IT operations are left with the challenge of aligning new service models with their traditional management infrastructures. With Windward by your side, you can take both Service-Centric IT and Cloud Management to the next level across your entire IT service environment.
Service-Centric IT and the Cloud
If you’re leveraging Cloud Computing, it is imperative to have a Service-Centric IT strategy that clearly defines enterprise business needs and aligns culture, organization, behaviors, and technology to support better decision-making and improvements across the enterprise.
As the IT services and processes that live in the Cloud become more intertwined with business success, Service-Centric IT and Cloud Management become more critical than ever before.
Today’s leading companies and Federal agencies are driving a transformation from technology-centric IT to Service-Centric IT, to align their IT investments with business value. This shift is due in large part to the following pressing IT initiatives and industry trends:
- Optimizing costs for delivering and supporting IT. All aspects of the business need to be evaluated for cost saving opportunities–from consolidating infrastructure to streamlining processes, automating key functions, and managing vendors.
- Deploying IT-as-a-Service. This disruptive delivery concept includes Infrastructure-as-a Service, Cloud Computing, and Software-as-a-Service (SaaS).
- Implementing IT governance across the IT organization. Mature IT organizations are using process frameworks like ITIL for process standardization and reporting.
- Migrating to a “service-based” delivery model. End-users are becoming increasingly savvy, requiring that the organization move higher up the maturity model with true end-to-end services with continual service improvement.
- Measuring performance in business-relevant terms. Data sources need to be consistent and ensure that timely information is more easily available to the business.
Smart enterprises are not waiting to embrace these initiatives and are pushing forward to align technology with the business. With this shift, it is imperative to have a Service-Centric IT strategy that clearly defines enterprise business needs and aligns processes, organization, and technology to support better decision-making and improvements across the enterprise.
Windward’s Service-Centric IT Solutions
Windward’s proven set of technology-independent solutions are focused on the three core disciplines of Service-Centric IT:
- Service Management
- Service Deployment
- Operations Management
Our team of experts collaborates across all three disciplines to understand the unique needs of every customer and to deliver the most productive and cost-effective solutions possible.