AIOps isn’t a software, it’s a strategy – but investing in the right AIOps platforms can help set you up for success. Two big SaaS players offering AIOps solutions for enterprise clients are Moogsoft and ServiceNow. As a platform-agnostic IT consultant, Windward is well-placed to give an objective overview of these two software leaders and what they have to offer.
Let’s take a look at these two software platforms to see how they might fit into your organization’s AIOps implementation plans.
What is an AIOps platform?
As every business wants to grow more, IT infrastructure will demand an absolute change in scale. The conventional approaches for monitoring, managing and fixing IT operations are no longer efficient as the digital landscape requires handling trillions of data sets.
In the current era, there is a sharp increase in the volume of data generated inside and outside the organization from IT infrastructure and applications. This puts CIOs in a challenging position as they struggle to identify actionable insights from the cluster of data sets. CIOs are looking for AI strategies to obtain better visibility and enhance the performance of their IT environments.
AIOps (Artificial Intelligence for IT Operations) is a multidimensional technology approach that deploys big data analytics, machine learning, and automation to ensure the IT operations are smarter, more predictive, and more productive. AIOps platforms will play a crucial role in transforming IT operations from reactive to proactive and ultimately predictive.
ServiceNow and their AIOps Tools
ServiceNow AIOps is a solution that runs proactive and secure digital operations by predicting and preventing issues and automating resolutions. It helps move IT operations from a reactive team to one that works intelligently for your business.
It has been designed for users to gain visibility across IT infrastructure and apps, maintain service health, and optimize cloud delivery and spend.
Key Business Benefits of ServiceNow AIOps Tools
- Identify the root cause of incidents and provides actionable insights across teams
- Reduce outages by taking action based on guided recommendations
- Collect, predict and analyze telemetry/log data for enhancing visibility and reducing noise
- Simplify repetitive tasks with pre-built playbooks and knowledge base resources
- Extend Configuration Management Database (CMDB) and create a strong data foundation with service graph
Key Capabilities & Functionality of ServiceNow AIOps Platform
- IT Operations Visibility: Gain visibility across the IT infrastructure, application, and services.
- Discovery: Get a holistic view of the IT operations footprints across on-premises data centers and the cloud.
- Service Mapping: Map the relationship between IT components and business services in a dynamic environment.
- Certified Management: Discover, itemize and proactively manage the TLS (Transport Layer Security) Certificates.
- Firewall Audit and Reporting: Track firewall policies, monitor ownership, and perform proactive audits
- Service Graph Connectors: Accurately import and standardize external data into the CMDB (Configuration Management Database)
- Predictive AIOps: Predict and prevent issues with a single system to gain insights and automate resolution
- Event Management: Reduce event floods from monitoring tools and gain insight into business service health.
- Health Log Analytics: Proactively analyze real-time log data and detect anomalies.
- Site Reliability Operations: Register services, track changes and respond to incidents.
- ITOM Optimization: Optimize strategy, operations, and spend across a multi-cloud environment.
- Cloud Management: Minimize business risk and manage costs with self-service delivery of cloud services.
All You Need To Know: Integrations & Pricing of ServiceNow AIOps Software
ServiceNow integrates with existing software and third-party applications and data sources. The most common integrations of ServiceNow are with CMDB, Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, User Administration, and Single Sign-on.
The size of the company (No.of employees/users) being the first step in ServiceNow’s custom quote calculation, the number of licenses also weighs in to influence the total price.
Moogsoft and their AIOps Tools
Moogsoft is an AIOps platform that uses artificial intelligence to ensure uninterrupted service delivery and improve the efficiency of IT operations. It assists businesses to analyze data, detect anomalies, diagnose the root cause of a problem, and strategize the business plans. By using machine learning algorithms, it supports DevOps and ITOps teams to deliver faster, smarter, and more efficient applications with reduced downtime.
Key Business Benefits of Moogsoft AIOps Tools
- Remove noise and distractions
- Correlate information across multiple data sources
- Facilitate frictionless, cross-team collaboration between different IT specialists
- Capture information in the background using machine learning
- Identify the root cause of the problems
Key Capabilities & Functionality of Moogsoft AIOps Platform & Tools
- Collaboration: Make sure the collaboration across IT teams is a quick way to resolve complex multi-service incidents
- Enrichment: Add context to ingested alerts from various data sources to provide actionable insights
- Correlation: Make logical connections between data from anywhere in technology stacks
- Noise Reduction: Large volumes of data hinder detecting and fixing an outage
- Anomaly Detection: Identify anomalies that are outside normal operating behavior and impede the customer experience
- Custom Integration: Build customized integrations to any data source for full observability and collaboration
All You Need To Know: Integrations and Pricing of Moogsoft AIOps Platform
Moogsoft AIOps platform enables the integration of any database from any existing tool. It empowers the IT systems to monitor, measure, analyze and report for ensuring the business apps and services work productively. And also, the inbound metrics API serves as an endpoint where the employees can send time-series metrics from the monitoring services for correlation by Moogsoft. The price for the subscription starts from $833/month and may vary based on the purpose and size of the company.
Why you might need both ServiceNow & Moogsoft Together With Winward
AIOps is a strategy, not software. It accelerates the IT operations in terms of increasing performance, predicting outages, automating tedious tasks, making reporting actionable, and improving risk management while coupling with AIOps platforms like Moogsoft, ServiceNow, and Splunk.
The right solution is highly dependent on your existing IT ecosystem.
Book a meeting with one of our experts to discuss.