Building Better HR Portals with ServiceNow HRSD
A Global Construction company was maintaining an aging HR system that required replacement in order to avoid purchasing an additional set of licenses for a system that was inadequate and not sustainable.
The plan was to move away from this legacy platform in the future, however it became increasingly evident that time was of the essence in making a critical business decision. Working collaboratively with Windward, thinking tactically, weighing all options and business drivers, an executive decision was made to move from a legacy platform onto a new ServiceNow instance.
There were additional business drivers identified during the assessment. Based on findings and due to the aging legacy IT system, the customer made the strategic decision to make ServiceNow the central hub of IT Service Delivery. This also began the expansion of the platform into their other business processes such as HR and other ITSM groups.
- ServiceNow Workshops Define Project Scope
| Using the prescribed ServiceNow delivery methodology, Windward gathered the full scope of requirements through a series of workshops utilizing:
- ServiceNow Templates
- Windward Consulting’s ServiceNow Platform expertise
- Analytical Data >> User Stories | Windward gathered all analytical data enabling critical information to be translated into sound user stories This allowed Windward to produce the most feasible solution possible.
- Review >> HRSD Backend Configuration
| Windward documented user stories and circulated them back to teams for approval.
Teams adjusted them for additional changes and requirements. Incorporating those, Windward promptly delivered the ServiceNow HRSD backend configuration.
4. Seamless Portal Interface | Windward had previously delivered a tailored front-end portal experience for the client on the IT side. The portal was well-regarded and Windward constructed the interface in such a way that portability was seamless.
5. A Solution for Usability, Design & Adaptability | The HR team engaged Windward to develop a complementary and comparable User Interface experience matching their other intranet sites. This promoted easy adaptability with end users due to the harmonious visual queue design.
Based on findings and due to the aging legacy IT system, the customer made the strategic decision to make ServiceNow the central hub of IT Service Delivery.
Outcomes and Values
- Windward, in full collaboration with the client’s internal development team, delivered an end-to-end solution, complete with HRSD UI Portal in less than 90 days.
- To achieve that level of acceleration, Windward utilized simple and previously-approved design cases. This enabled the project to hit all milestones.
- On-time delivery and meeting every project requirement enabled the customer to disable the legacy tool with ease and little cost.
- This company has since increased their ServiceNow knowledge in their HR space to the extent that Windward has been engaged in discussions to expand the footprint. This approach took advantage of OOB cases and extended the reach of their HRSD via implementation of Virtual Agent.
- They are also requesting assistance with curation of Knowledge Base articles, thus furthering the maturity of the platform and encouraging utilization.
- Continue conversations regarding further implementations of HRSD.
- With a glowing endorsement on the caliber of design and delivery provided, Windward will continue assisting and engaging in follow-on implementations.
- Windward went above and beyond to accomplish what even ServiceNow didn’t think was possible.